Wednesday, October 05, 2005

X-rays don't lie

I'm a little crooked. Crooked-er in my lower back than a year ago. Neck improved some, which was the actual reason I originally started going to a chiropractor a couple of years ago. Lower back wasn't really too much of a concern.

But I guess my bad habits of driving with my left leg up on the seat, and poor posture while at the computer (many times with that left leg, if not both, on the chair or desk) have compounded my crookedness. Bummer, but I'm glad I saw what was happening so I can counteract it.

My chiropractor had asked earlier if I wanted to take pictures of my x-rays to post on my blog. Kinda wished I had a camera with me today :)

4 comments:

-Tommy said...

I for one wouls love to see that. Did you see the lateral view of your neck? What did the curve measure? Hips level? AP Lumbar shows a kink, eh?

So, what'd the doc recommend? How do you intend to counteract it?

PW "jmexizey" Damn, something about Jersy, Mexico and dizzy people...

Joey Polanski said...

My werd verrification passwerd is jus rite fer Mizz HissyFitz.

Its "urhok". I hope Im hOK an Toms hOK too.

-Tommy said...

Man, if that woid ain't speled jusright fer Joey...

HissyFitz said...

tom: You seem to be interested in body x-rays, actually they're pretty cool. Mine are a set of 3 or so. Profile of head/neck, body-shot to below hips, and a leg shot for some unknown reason (my chiropractor can't remember why he shot my knees).

Gonna counteract the wrong-way curve in my lower back by NOT sitting like I just was, and doing stretches/bend-things at home, while continuing to see the doc.

Gonna try to remember to take my camera in next week.

joey: Yep, it's all hOK. As far as crookedness, if more ppl went to chiropractors and saw their x-rays, they'd be surprised. We're not as perfect as we think might we are!

Word verification: zqwub
Maybe that's what I need to help straighten out my back.