Sunday, October 09, 2005

Made out like a bandit today!

Then used my savings to buy more shoes :)

A friend just bought a new Sony Vaio, so I told her that now would be a great time to buy a Sony digital camera to go with it. Decided to look through today's ads to see if any good deals were available. Lucked out: Office Depot had a Sony Cyber-shot for $129 after rebate, an Epson projector for $799 + an instant $100 gift card to be used on the next purchase, and an HP all-in-one printer/copier/scanner/fax for $149 before its 15% discount.

I bought the camera and projector for school use (left one camera for my friend if she decides to get it), and used the $100 gift card toward the printer, which ended up costing me only $32.79 after tax!! I've never liked the idea of those all-in-one models, since if one part flakes out, you're still stuck with the whole machine. But my two printers and two old scanners don't work well with my latest operating system, and the price was more than right. My test scan was a page from a magazine that I had Butch autograph :)

Office Depot is conveniently located right next to Nordstrom Rack. After loading the goodies into my car, I decided to take a look around at the Rack. Found a beautiful blouse..and two pairs of shoes. Yikes, I know I shouldn't keep buying shoes, but it's so easy to do. I threw out a bunch over the summer, but have replaced them with even more pairs since then.

The blouse is gorgeous and definitely not something I'd wear to school. It'd be great to wear to a special night out, like to an Eagles concert..or a Motley Crue concert! Yeah, it looks as if I *will* be going to that one, after all!

3 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

Las time I droppt a wad like dat was when I baled a frends stupid drunkin ass outta jail an helpt im rtain a loyer. Not as much instant grattification there!

-Tommy said...

Wow. Just wow. I bet if you actually spoke those words they fly at us at un clockable speeds.

PW "uygmlwi" ...The sound HissyFitz words make smashing together at inhuan speeds after a raging shopping spree.

HissyFitz said...

joey: That brought back memories. I also had to bail someone out looong ago, but it cost much less than my Office Depot shopping spree. You're right, shopping for gadgets is much more rewarding.

tom: Maybe it's just that you read fast, especially when the post is about shopping :) Hey..you just gave me an idea for the question you posed on your blog...