Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Apple's "One More Thing" Event

Speculation ended today!

Apple's highly-anticipated "One More Thing" event did not disappoint. The goodies are way better than the lackluster ROKR iTunes phone, and yes, much of it had to do with iTunes and the iPod.

[I can't believe it's been a year since the last "One More Thing" event, when the black and red U2 Special Edition iPod was debuted. As of today it's no longer is available at Apple's website, so I guess I have a real collector's item!]

Best of the best of today's announcement (IMO):

  • new G5 iMacs are better, faster, thinner than before, come with the iSight camera built in, and are bundled with the niftiest mouse on the planet, Mighty Mouse
  • new, slimmer iPods are video-capable, and come in black or white (ala the nano iPod)
  • iTunes 6 now has more than 2000 videos and TV shows for $1.99

The new iPod commercial features a video clip of U2's performance in Chicago earlier this year. I love how U2 and Apple are still happy together. Rumor is it that Madonna might be the inspiration for the next Special Edition iPod because she's so prominently featured on iTunes and in the ROKR commercial. I won't be buying that one.

But the most surprising thing was Steve Jobs' outfit! He was wearing brown slacks instead of his usual uniform of blue jeans and sneakers!! Gasp!

4 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

I herda Madona. Now SHES oldern me!

HissyFitz said...

ohmy, she's even older than I am. Wow, never had a clue what her age might be.

Joey Polanski said...

Yeah. How old IS dirt anyway?

HissyFitz said...

..slightly older than I am..