Friday, September 16, 2005

I'm on my own

My two friends who originally were going to spring for the good seats have changed their minds, so while I'll be going with them to the Arena to see the Eagles in November, I'll sit by myself and wave to them waaaay up there in the nosebleed section. They''ll sit with two of my other friends while I enjoy my Eagles from the ___ row. (Hopefully tomorrow I can fill that space in with a number between 1 and 5!)

Then, on the second night I'll be down there in way-too-expensive seats again while two other friends that I'll probably drive over with sit in another section.

There was never a moment's hesitation. From the second I heard The Eagles were coming to Hawaii, I knew I'd pay as much as it took to get as close as I could.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy. What they don't understand is that we're talking about The Eagles, the only band I followed to both the East and West coast, and once in-between. No other band has such a special place in my heart. Actually, if Don Henley weren't in the band, I'm not sure I'd be doing this...he's the man.

A friend told me she heard on the radio that a third performance might be in the works. No bout adout it, if that materializes, I'll be there, too.

Took out $550 in cash this evening so I could save a little bit on the fees tomorrow. Ticketmaster has changed their tactics; they now have a sliding scale for their outrageous, excessive, price-gouging practice: for each $250 ticket paid by credit card, the fee is over $18. I'll save a few bucks each ticket by paying in cash. Whoopie.

I'm hoping this ridiculous add-on will deter most people from standing in line at the Ticketmaster outlet I'll be at, and go to the Blaisdell Arena itself where the charge is just $2 per ticket! The downside to going there is if you intend to buy tickets for both nights (like I am), you'd have to get in two separate lines. Yeah.

For my Eagles, I'll bite the bullet (but curse Ticketmaster under my breath) and pay the exorbitant fee twice because I was told I could purchase tickets for both nights at the same time at the outlet.

Kinda bummed that I won't be able to share the experience with friends, but maybe I'll make new ones :) That's part of the reason I'll buy my tickets in person instead of online. It'll be cool to be lined up with other Eagles fans. It's been so long.

Gonna pack my iPod and other provisions so I'm set for tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!

No comments: