Saturday, September 17, 2005

Got 'em in my grubby little hand!

Eagles tickets!

What an adventure. I was there by 6:08 am, but didn't bother to start a line yet. I asked and was informed that, contrary to what I was told yesterday, I wouldn't be able to buy tickets for both nights without having to get in line all over again. I was crushed.

A couple other people later showed up so the three of us started the line. One guy had friends spread out at various Ticketmaster outlets as well as the Blaisdell Arena, and whomever got the best place in line would buy tickets for the rest. I called my friend and told her not to go to the Blaisdell Arena because it was crazy there, that some people were there since last night. Eventually, only about 15 more joined us when random numbers were passed out at 8:00. My friend and I went to breakfast and came back just before 9:00 when tickets would be sold. Another friend joined us at that time.

Then it got kind of nuts. I needed a ticket for different nights so was going to have the lady who was with me from the beginning (and received a lower-numbered token) buy it for me. But then I was told since I needed just one ticket for both nights and there really wasn't a crowd, that I'd be able to get both myself. My friend who had just joined us asked the lady to buy hers because she wanted to go that second night. All was settled..until people in front of us were finding out that seats in certain price ranges were already sold out -- within 10 minutes! People had to quickly decide to switch days and prices.

When it was my turn I told them I just needed one ticket for each night -- and was told that the $250 tickets were also sold out!! I know I blurted something unprintable, and begged them to try again because we knew that the $150 tickets were already gone, and I couldn't imagine getting seats any worse than that. My heart was beating fast and I was starting to freak. Eventually they realized that I just needed one ticket for each night, so started searching differently.

Happy ending: My friends had to upgrade from $65 to $95 because the cheap seats were sold out (they're horrible, anyway, behind the speakers, practically behind the stage!), and had to change nights. They ended up getting seats one seat away from my other friends! So everyone will be together, except me.

But don't pity me, I ended up getting great floor seats for both nights!

Maybe I'll do better if they announce a third concert. I certainly will try!

No comments: