Monday, September 26, 2005

Dialing in

Don't know if my DSL carrier (the only one on this little island) is actually down in my area, or if it's my silly-ass ISP again, but didn't feel like wasting time tonight to find out. Decided to "rough it" for the first time in years. So I'm on dial-up tonight.

Kinda take for granted being always online. Not just email and web, but work-from-home. And frivolous stuff like blogging :)

So now my trusty little old laptop and I are in the living room, actually watching TV together. Pretty cool. I don't watch a lot of TV, but this new one called "Prison Break" is pretty good. Funny thing is my laptop still seems to think it's attached to its flat panel monitor, though when I've taken it on the road it knew it wasn't. It's kind of spoiled, usually has its own secondary monitor, keyboard, mouse, and lotsa external drives/readers/good stuff.

Hey, we could kind of get used to this. Except for the speed, or rather, lack of it.

OMG, this is funny -- Hawaiian Telcom's "high speed internet" commercial is on now! Hmmph, their DSL ain't so fast tonite. But again, it might not be their fault. My ISP has had more than its share of problems in the past, and it always seemed that I was the only customer calling in to ask what was up.

While this new setup is all cozy and all, if it lasts 'til tomorrow it will really be a pain. Gotta connect to work, and with the multiple power outages we had there today, we're not sure what tomorrow will bring.

6 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

Care t idennify that sillyass ISP an give em an ANTI-plug?

Joey Polanski said...

Be advizd, I gotcha linktup an pluggd over on my blogski. A suunommee o blog surfers ar headin yer way!

HissyFitz said...

Heh, thanks :)

No comedic genius from tonight's word verification, yomkdeheh; sounds kind of like a hacked-up chortle.

Joey Polanski said...

Yomkdeheh izza Jewish holiday, ainit?

-Tommy said...

So I was looking through your earlier posts and noticed something particularly disturbing. I was passing through April when I came across some of your favorite celebrities. I coldn't help but notice that I was not among them. Now, you can see from my headshot that I kind of resemble all those guys if say, you ran them all through a blender into a glass. You'd get me. I know you didn't know of my exisence til last week but I figured that surely by now you'd have updated your list or gone back and added my picture. It's okay, I'll wait.

I have a 16 year old white pedigre doll face Persian (Foo) and a 7 year old Bengal, I think (Maxwell, by the by. Who needs kids when you have cats? Least that's what my wife says.

PW: "ezzfplv" Damn, another useless one...

HissyFitz said...

Your wife is a smart woman. Kitties are better than kiddies, and they won't ever mouth off at you. 16 yrs old -- I can tell Foo is a sheltered indoor cat. We had an indoor/outdoor cat who made it to 18 years before the daily IVs and other procedures just seemed too much.

Aww, haven't thought of her in a while.. sniff

Make it big, Viking Actor, and I just might add you to that photo line-up :)