Friday, September 23, 2005

Eagles tickets are NOT selling on eBay!

They're barely being bid on!

Hah. Those people who bought Eagles tickets only to turn around and sell them on eBay aren't doing well at all. The guy who had 12 and told me he was able to get them because he was "at the right place at the right time" (though he listed them on eBay five days before they were even available to the public) didn't sell a single one and has re-listed his auction. The person who was selling tickets for the same row I will be in for the Dec. 2 concert hasn't sold any, either. That auction ended today, so those tickets might be re-listed, as well.

[aww, what a shame]

In fact, not a single Eagles ticket auction ended with sales, and none of the ongoing auctions look as if they'll be successful, either.

[hee hee]

The sellers have very high reserves ranging from $30 more for the $95 tickets and $125 more for the $250 tickets than they actually cost, excluding surcharges. And with decent tickets still available for the Friday, December 2 concert, I think they'll a have hard time unloading theirs.

[gloat]

I've had to pay scalpers', er, broker's prices for several of my Eagles mainland concerts, and hated it, but it was a necessary evil. Those pigs just make it harder for real fans to obtain good seats the "normal" way and their unsold tickets just go to waste. Then they have to resort to waving them around in front of the venue on the day of the concerts, hoping someone passing by would want to score them at drastically reduced prices.

Pathetic. Ahh, well, I'll just point at them and giggle when I see them in a couple of months!

2 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

I can tel that yer a dihard Eagles fan. I take it that you seen em plenny o times in concert, huh? In yer years o followin th Eagles, have you ever seen this kinda e-bay scalpin? Does it typicly happm that the scalpers end up dumpin unsold tix fer real cheap?

I agree wit yer basic sentiment, tho -- that these fokes who mysteriosly get there mitts on a buncha tix bfore the genral public gets a crack at em, thay oughtta end up havin t eat em or take a soakin tryin t scalp em.

By th way, if ya wanna see that paintin o Doc Murk that I mistakenly attributed t YOU, click on the Dr Murk update (9 / 17) once ya get inside Hill TV. Then scroll down. Its at the bottom right. It says "Die Pigs" onit.

Too bad you aint the one who did the paintin. Did you create th image that yer usin fer yer pitcher on yer profile?

HissyFitz said...

I don't really know if scalpers end up choking on their unsold tickets, but I'd hope they'd give them away at the very end instead of having them go to waste. As for the Eagles, I gave up chasing after them after seeing them in 2001 because they hadn't delivered with their promised CD, tho kept on touring. If they didn't decide to come to Hawaii, who knows when I would've seen them next. So I don't really know if this is typical eBay scalping.

Ooh, I took a look at the picture the other HissyFitz created (is that name still being used somewhere else?). Nope, definitely not something I'd do. As for the one I use for my profile, you too can be a South Park character!