Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Eagles in Hawaii November 29 & 30!

Amazing!

Eagles-new

The last time they were here was 10 years ago, Nov. 6, 1995, to be exact. I remember because it was Glenn Frey's birthday. The production was such a big deal and cost them so much to fly out all their equipment for only one night at the Aloha Stadium that it made the news. They said they wouldn't be returning since they ended up losing money on the gig (top ticket prices were "only" $85, pretty much unheard of for Hawaii at the time).

Well, something (greed? nah, can't be!) must've changed their mind because they'll be back at the end of November for two nights at the Blaisdell Arena!

Some of you know how that one Hawaii concert led to me flying out for many others on the mainland, including a string of 'em along the East Coast. That was the first and only road trip I went on with fellow fans I'd met online, but it was the great way to see five concerts in as many states! The most extravagant Eagles concert had to have been their Millennium Concert on Dec. 31, 1999 as we all rang in the New Year at midnight. People balk at the price, but to me, it was worth the $1K per ticket. My last concert was in August 2001 when they opened the Invesco Field in Colorado. I gave up after that; it really wasn't worth it for me to fly out and hear pretty much the same material time after time. Their long-awaited CD never materialized and rumor has it that it probably won't. They may also call it quits soon and not have a "Farewell II" tour, which was the reason they call their current one the "Farewell I".

Whew, I get one last chance. Tickets go on sale this Saturday for $65, $95, $150, and $250 a pop. Guess which one I want :) I can't remember (and can't find my old ticket), but I think we were in the 5th row in 1995. Or was it the 10th? I need to do better this time, since it'll probably be the last time I ever see them together. Don Henley's new CD will be coming out soon and he'll go on tour, so I know there will be a time I'll catch him in the future.

Anyone want to join me on Nov. 29th or 30th..or both??

EDIT 9/12: Whee! A couple of my friends are willing to part w/$250 and accompany me to the first concert! Others also plan to attend, but will opt for less-expensive seats.

My friend confirmed that we had 5th row seats in '95. I remember being at a later Eagles concert, sitting in the 10th row, and thinking it seemed closer to the stage than Aloha Stadium's 5th row.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're on!

HissyFitz said...

You're welcome to join us :)

Anonymous said...

how does it work?

HissyFitz said...

How does what work? Joining us at the concerts? Dunno.

I'll probably buy a bunch of tickets for the first concert and a few for the second.

Were you thinking of seeing 'em? Their shows are at least 3 hours long, with 2-3 encores..worth it, IMHO, especially if you haven't heard them live in a whle. They're not spring chickens anymore, but never ever were animated on stage even in the 70s (were once accused of loitering). Their sound is impeccable. Someone at work asked me today if they still sound good after all these decades. *YES* Better.

A friend called tonite w/second thoughts about shelling out $250. I think I convinced her that she wouldnt' regret it..hope so, anyway. Concerts are my guilty pleasure, price is pretty much no object. Some ppl buy furniture (like the friend who called tonite), some do drugs. I buy jeans and go to concerts.