Friday, July 15, 2005

talkintomyself.com

Much shorter than http://homepage.mac.com/fayeh/iblog/index.html - whew

Thanks to my friend's comment on my other blog, I now own the domain name talkintomyself.com . It never occurred to me to even check to see if it was available because I've always wanted shorter, spiffier domain names, but this one I can actually use! I'm using it to point to my regular blog website, but at least the unwieldy URL http://homepage.mac.com/fayeh/iblog/index.html doesn't have to be used anymore.

I registered it late last night through GoDaddy.com . Everything went smoothly until the last page, when the final form couldn't be submitted, claiming a required field hadn't been filled out. All required fields had been filled out, and multiple failed attempts at re-doing the form, even re-starting the entire process was getting me pretty frustrated. I called their 24/7 tech support and the person who assisted me (restarted the process, which I wasn't able to do from my end) was great.

No comments: