Thursday, July 21, 2005

Grommet and Tag puzzle

I resorted to cheating :(

I admit it, after not being able to solve the puzzle for 14 years, I had to cheat. Thank goodness for the internet.

Got this puzzle at some education workshop years ago. None of my colleagues were able to solve it, either. Every few years I'd try again (yes, I knew where I'd kept it and periodically took it out, only to be frustrated). After a while, no one remembered what puzzle I was talking about, so I was on my own, and had to introduce it to new people. To no avail.

Don't know quite why I decided to finally search online for the answer after trying to solve it in vain the past few weeks.

OBJECTIVE: Get the darn string out without tearing the tag.

puzzle

Wanna make your own so you can actually try for yourself?

Rocky even lent a hand. Uh, teeth.

rocky_puzzle

After you try for at least 14 years and still haven't solved it without resorting to looking up the solution, here it is: check it out yourself <-- you cheater!!

PS: If you solve it within the day (without resorting to CHEATING), I officially hate you.

PPS: I think I've gotten dumber. Ohyes. But much better at cheating.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

DON'T SAY ANYTHING!

LET EM FIGURE IT OUT.

HissyFitz said...

Yeah, yeah, OK. We'll see how many do :)

Anonymous said...

BTB, i'm only commenting on this blog. i know you just paid bucks for more space on the other one but i'll just stay here.

HissyFitz said...

Okie dokie. I don't even keep up my 'regular' blog..uh, regularly, and maintain this one even less.

But thanks again for reading/commenting.

Anonymous said...

Even when I'm urusai?

HissyFitz said...

Hey, I think you left comments on my 'real' blog even tho you said you'd be commenting only here.

And yeah, urusai or not, thanks. But isn't 'urusai' used more as a command to 'shut up/be quiet'? 'Guess it means to be noisy/annoying, too? ;)

Anonymous said...

Well you made a comment to me over there. I'm not about to ignore you. Would be nice if you gently redirected people here by posting more and keeping up with this one. Can't think of a way to just stay here and still be current with your blog.

HissyFitz said...

Yes, I left a comment to you there ('Talkin to myself') because..well, because you commented there. I eventually realized it was polite to respond to all comments, esp if I could figure out who left what comments where.

I'm feeling schizo. You probably haven't seen 'em yet, but I replied to your comments on this Hissyfitz blog, also.

Blogging was supposed to be a fun little diversion. I try to keep this secondary Blogger blog relatively up-to-date, albeit a few minutes (sometimes a day..) later than my iBlog 'Talkin to myself' one. Just refresh your browser. Even after I post new entries they don't show up til I refresh.

Sorry, I'm still relatively new at this and am still taste-testing. Plus I don't have compelling things to say (and, thanks for your suggestions via email, but I guess I'll have to figure out that on my own), so every reader/comment/email still amazes me. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

What's so amazing about a comment? It's just my opinion.
On second thought you're right, a comment is amazing. It's someone's opinion and they feel it's important enough to express it. Considering how much goes unsaid compared to everything that's thought, even a simple anonymous comment is significant. I heard there's no such thing as a throwaway comment. If it's expressed, it matters to them.

(Hmmm, noisy and annoying?)

HissyFitz said...

Noisy, annoying..and anonymous?

Anonymous said...

Sorry. Forgot to sign it.