Saturday, July 30, 2005

Elvis Costello in concert -- here!

Yeah, in Hawaii!

It was announced before I attended his wife's (Diana Krall) concert last May that he would be performing with our Honolulu Symphony in the spring.

My subconscious must've remembered, because, for some reason, for the past few weeks I've been downloading and listening to a lot of his music. Then today I found out that tickets for his March 31-April 1, 2006 (!) concerts go on sale on Monday!

Woohoo! I'm hoping his late 70s-early 80s stuff, but he'll be performing with the Symphony, so I'm not sure what we'll get. His music ranges from new wave to classics, from jazz to torch ballads.

I don't care. I'm always just so grateful when artists/bands bother to stop by and I'm able to enjoy them. Of course, the rockin'er the better, but I'll take what I can get.

elvis_costello

No comments: