Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Stuff you come across when you clean up

Previous lives

Trips I hardly recall having gone on. People and places I barely remember. Some I'd rather forget.

Musty-dusty photo albums dug up while going through my old closet in my parents' house.

Threw out nearly all the photos, but did spend more than a few seconds on some for one last time. All were taken during college and after. All represented "significant" people, er, periods in my life.

It occurred to me as I started my Butch Walker obsession early this year, that one of those "significants" over 20 years ago had a remarkable resemblance to him, and one photo in particular nearly freaked me out.

It's in the trash now, along with the others.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Growing up I remember a western movie where the indians didn't like photographers and pictures because they thought the camera captured their soles in the picture.
I have a hard time throwing away pictures of people. Even people I don't know.

HissyFitz said...

Other cultures feel the same way, but I'm pretty sure they're not thinking about the bottom of their feet, but their life force :)

I used to save pics from HS through beyond college, but no longer. Depends on who's in those pics. Guys from previous lives gotta go, even tho most were very significant at the time. Wouldn't have wasted film on anyone I spent less than a year with.

Speaking of film, haven't used it for at least 5 years and never will again. Heh, tho I haven't had to do it yet, going purely digital would make it so much easier to delete memories ;)

Anonymous said...

souls, alright already!

Anonymous said...

Actually that should be spirits. Soul is western christian I believe.

Maybe toss 'em with clear feelings?

So you're a photographer eh?

HissyFitz said...

No, not really a photographer, just take a lot of pictures. Of mostly yard dinosaurs and cats nowadays, tho..