Monday, June 20, 2005

People can be quite pleasant

I could've left and found another cashier with a shorter line, but I was in no rush. She was a trainee, and it was just kind of, well, nice, that the man in front of me was making a return and commented that she would get good practice from it. It did take more than several minutes, and just about any other time I would've gone to another cashier since the store was pretty empty and there was no one behind me, but I didn't mind waiting tonight.
Don't know why that should surprise me

Everyone was in a good mood, and the guy looked at my items laid out on the converter belt and said, "Maybe I should join you tonight" because I had several bottles of wine lying there. (Not at all in a flirtatious way, mind you.) He apologized for the delay and asked if it was making me tired because I was yawning, but I told him that it was allowing me to catch up on my sleep, and honestly, I didn't feel like moving. The trainee was learning what she needed to learn, no one was impatient, and it was all good.

When his transaction was finally completed he thanked her, then turned to thank me and tell me good night.

But the best part was when he had said earlier, "Sorry to to keep the young lady waiting" -- meaning me. Hah.

No comments: