Sunday, June 12, 2005

I suck

and I've been rather snotty recently, sorry

Wasted much of the day reading a few blogs (where I have two of my own that I don't keep up), and I was blown away. The posts are witty, intriguing, risque, hilarious, and slightly (if not more) twisted. I've been thinking of moving back there because I may actually get more readers other than the few friends I beg and bribe to read at my present site, but I kinda like using the iBlog software I use now, especially since I actually paid for it.

But moving my blog won't make me a better blogger. I'm too mild-mannered most of the time and don't have the attitude and balls (well, you know what I mean) and eventful/weird days to come up with topics that would command repeat visitors.

Yeah, I'm jealous.

And I realize a couple of my recent posts regarding grammar/spelling may have been a tad snotty, for which I apologize. See? How can I have an edgy blog worth re-visiting if I worry about offending poor spellers?

I know I don't have a life (social- or sex-wise or anything else), so I don't have material from which to draw that the others do, but some of their posts push the envelope of what I would deem appropriate for public consumption. Makes for great reading, though!

One thing I did notice was some of the best blogs are written by people with definite..issues. They admit to bouts of depression and more, so if that's what it takes to be a good writer, then I guess I'll pass.

======================

EDIT 6/13: Whoa, some of those bloggers I had listed above have taken a nasty turn (and I don't mean nasty as in unpleasant, but nasty as in NAAASTY), so deleted the links before anyone draws conclusions about supposedly mild-mannered me. If you want to know who they were, you naughty little perv, email me.

======================

EDIT 6/26: Well, I'm back here, conducting a taste test between Blogger and my iBlog site on .Mac.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So send me the links. I'm a perv in real life.

HissyFitz said...

Heh, I knew it ;)

I'll send via email.