Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Our dinosaur population is out of control

Enough, already

Again, as I exited through the washroom door this afternoon, a couple of dinosaurs scampered away in a panic. They were trying to stealthily squeeze their way in through the space between the door and the threshold (the house is old and that area is pretty shabby) and I surprised them.

Then as I went for the garden hose so I could rinse Rocky's litter box, I noticed several dinosaurs in the nearby bush, and one was actually a rarely-seen green anole lizard! I don't know if it was being mugged by the others, but part of its tail was missing, and not in the way gecko and dinosaur tails naturally break off. It was dark at the injured end, so I think he was beaten up. I never knew the anoles to have break-away tails, but was happy to see this guy alive.

After shooing the others away, I lifted the hose, which had water running through it, only to find a huge dinosaur hanging on the end! It couldn't walk off without getting in the water stream, so headed up toward my hand, which it also didn't care for, so was trapped :) He held on as I proceeded to rinse Rocky's litter box until I guess he had enough and leaped off sideways.

I love critters of all kinds, including lizards, but these green anole-killling dinosaurs (see March 26's post) are really too much. Never before have I seen any that traveled in packs, were so bold and curious, and so damn populous. Fr*cken frequent-fornicating (see April 7th's post), freakazoids. I expect to trip over them the next time I go into the back yard. Or get mugged.

No comments: