Friday, August 26, 2005

What. A. Week.

Re-entry back to school was more difficult than in past years, but then, I knew it would be. I was just trying to avoid the inevitable.

Our school is undergoing renovations, which means every little specks in classrooms (and computer labs!) need to be boxed and removed, then unceremoniously crammed back in. Students and teachers have to be relocated, and oftentimes, doubled up in their temporary quarters.

Boxes, furniture, and equipment end up where they shouldn't. The most important items go missing.

Fingernails get broken :(

Our lab is still a maze of boxes and computer parts, and I lug in my laptop every day because while we've helped to set up teachers in their classrooms, we're still a mess ourselves in the lab.

On top of everything, some very disturbing events have unfolded. A rep at a large computer retail store (can you say 'dumbass CompUSA' ??) dropped the ball and may have caused us to lose over $36K in Federal technology monies, which we've been dependent on for the last couple of years. You don't f*ck around with Federal grants, and I've always made sure every thing was proper to the last decimal place, but after today's revelation, I was wondering just how much trouble we could be in.

sidster wondered tonight if I'd have to go to jail.

No comments: