Friday, August 05, 2005

Another concert: Collective Soul

September 11, 2005

Collective Soul will perform here on Sept. 11 in a concert benefiting the Windows of Hope Family Relief Fund. [The Fund was formed after 9/11 to provide aid to families of the World Trade Center victims who worked in the food, beverage, and hospitality professions at the WTC. Heather Ho, who grew up in Hawaii, was one of those who died in the attack.]

I've always liked Collective Soul, and while I did see them in concert a few years ago at the Kaneohe Bayfest, I'd love to check 'em out again at Pipeline Cafe. I've got their earlier CDs and a few songs from their latest, but didn't realize they're from Georgia, just like my latest obsession. No wonder Butch performed on their song "Over Tokyo" (Blender, 2000). Gotta dig that one out now...

collective_soul

No comments: