Thursday, March 30, 2006

GENIUS

I wouldn't have been able to type that word days ago, since the "g" on my keyboard stopped working. The forward delete and return key wouldn't work, either. Might have had to do with the fact that I rinsed out the keyboard a few days ago...

Anyway, my underscore key got lots of action. I typed emails saying "_ood luck" and "_et back to me later". That got old, so I just came up with other words and phrases to get around using "g". (For blogging I used a keyboard utility and eventually a different keyboard.)

The novelty had worn off by yesterday so I decided to make a trip to my local Apple Store. The particularly spastic little geeky Apple "Genius" (he really was, I'm not making that up and would never make fun of a fellow Mac enthusiast) just plugged it in to his laptop, and the darn thing worked. He never even flipped it over where he might've spotted the water puddles through the clear iMac keyboard casing.

Guess it just needed extra time to dry out, LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE ON THESE SOPPING WET ISLANDS! It's thundering and lightning-ing as I type. As of today, it's been 40 days and 40 nights of sogginess.

geniusbar.jpg

5 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

Whatchu been doin, Hiss? Bloggin from yer bafftub?

kathi said...

LOL, sounds like here. We put a cell phone through the washer and dryer (accidently, of course) and we used the blow dryer on it and it's perfect. Who knew?

Joaquin Mattison said...

About the rain, one summer here (the summer in some time around 1999-2002, forget kinda) it rained for 36 days non-stop. Guess you got it worse.

Joey Polanski said...

How many shotglasses you colleckt from th Genius Bar, Hiss?

HissyFitz said...

kathi: I guess they still make things like they used to!

salber: It hit bad on other parts of the island yesterday, but as of today, for the most part, the rain is finally pau (Hawaiian for "done"). Thank GOODNESS!

joey: Didn't stay but a few minutes, so didn't collect anything from the Genius Bar but a picture!