Friday, March 10, 2006

21 shots

of Grand Marnier

sidekicks.jpg

Do you recognize these? They're little sidekicks from Chili's, you know, the little chili-shaped plastic shot "glasses" that dangle precariously from the rims of Chili's margarita mugs. My shot of choice is always Grand Marnier. I savor its sweet, velvety goodness by sticking the end of the straw in it, pressing my finger on the top, and sucking the mmmyummy (40% alcohol!) nectar, which is barely enough to coat my tongue. This way I usually manage to make it last longer than the margarita itself (on the rocks, never blended), which, to me, is incidental. No way would I unceremoniously toss the shot in as suggested. Unfortunately, because I take so damn long to finish them, at least a few sidekicks have been knocked off by people wielding menus or carelessly reaching for something. So sad.

I've also forgotten to take a few home with me when I was done, but, as you can tell, I've frequented Chili's enough to round up a pretty good collection. Brought home the 21st tonight. I don't go there often, and don't go there for the food.

Never got around to doing what I said I'd do: take 'em out of my kitchen drawer where they've lived for probably a couple of years, fill them with red and green water, and hang 'em up at Christmas.

I'd like to put them to some fun, tacky use. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

Okay, Hiss, I always suspecktd it, but now Im sure of it.

...

Youre weird!

P.S. My sugjestion fer what t do wit de ol sidekickrs: String em tgether an make a necklace outta em. Wear it nex time ya go t Chilis. Bet th patronsll all get down on their nees an wership ya like some kinda warrier-queen!

HissyFitz said...

If you think that's weird, wonder what you'd think of my collection of wigs for cats.

Joey Polanski said...

Weird.

Weirder.

Wanna try fer WEIRDEST?