Wednesday, March 29, 2006

30 Years of Apple

1976 - 2006

Founded in a garage by two college dropouts to become the cultural icon it is now, Apple Computer will celebrate its 30th birthday on April 1st. "One long April Fool's joke."

As I was cleaning out my closet and drawers the other day I discovered I own at least 15 Apple or Mac-related t-shirts and one sweatshirt. That I kinda figured, but my next round-up surprised me.

I have nine Macs in this house! Not all are mine, and not all are in tip-top shape, but they're definitely too precious to abandon. Actually, that's why I have so many, a few are downstairs, having been rescued from a computer donation site. A couple will be used in schools. One classic may not even be working, but it was adopted to keep another we had from years ago company. Kinda like bookends.

2_old_macs_filmstrip.jpg

Aww, aren't they cute?

4 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

Stop me if ya herd this bfore ...

(*inhales*)

YER WEIRD!

HissyFitz said...

For having more than 15 Apple t-shirts/sweatshirts, or for collecting stray Macs? I've always done that. They're very dear to my heart. My first, Mac-o, saved my life. So much more personality and character (not to mention definitely cuter) than Windows clones.

Joaquin Mattison said...

I hear the Beatles are suin' Apple over some logo problems. The Beatles had the Apple first....

Joey Polanski said...

Like I said ... 0.2 seckons ... all th way from Cathy to Patty.

;)