Wednesday, May 11, 2005

You know how some people say they can detect bullshit?

I need someone like that -- who can detect CATshit!

[Warning: this entry is kind of gross]

I came home today to the sound of Rocky crying to be let out, as usual, but also to the SMELL of wetsh*t!! He had the wetsh*ts once before because of some parasite; don't know what caused it this time. I'm thinking he may have eaten some grass yesterday that had been sprayed with weed killer, or he caught a stomach bug again. Whichever, it's DISGUSTING!

Poor kitty, at least he obviously kept going into his bathroom to do his stinky business repeatedly while I was out, but if you know cats, they don't like to do it where it's already been done. And there's just one litter box in his bathroom, so...

Cleaning the bathroom wasn't the worst of it, it's finding where he sat throughout the day! He's a long-haired cat, with long butt hairs, and wetsh*t is still all over that area. I've been trying to track down and wipe up the buttsmears downstairs on the linoleum, but I know I'm missing some. I've even found one at the top of the stairs, but can't see them on carpet and I don't feel like crawling around the house with my nose to the floor.

I've been trying to brush his butt to pull of the sh*t-matted hair, and it's a funny sight to see him turning around and sitting down so I can't reach him while I'm yelling at him, "Don't sit down, you'll leave another shi*tsmear!!

I hope whatever he has clears up tonight, although he went again (in a fresh litter box) a little while ago. Poor stinky kitty.

My mother's idea last time to cut his butt hairs short sounds good now, but it's way easier said than done.

No comments: