Saturday, April 29, 2006

Vote for Honolulu

Monopoly is being redisgned in the "here & now"

Hasbro is conducing an online poll that will allow consumers to decide which new cities and their famous landmarks will appear on their "Monopoly Here and Now" game board that will be in stores in the fall.

Landmarks in 22 cities are up for grabs. Honolulu has Diamond Head, Kalakaua Avenue, and Waikiki Beach. Personally, I thought that was a little redundant since Waikiki Beach fronts Kalakaua Avenue (and how many people who've never been here can even pronounce "Kalakaua"?), but I'm all for putting us on the map, er, game board.

monopolyhnhome.jpg

Vote now through May 12th, and vote often! The live results show that Honolulu needs more support, but it appears you can vote for that city just once a day. Technically. Honolulu just got 4 votes from me today from my different computers at home. Note to self: Enlist kids next week from the computer lab!

7 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

Theres a littl grass shack in Kealakekua, aint there?

Joaquin Mattison said...

I totally voted for Pikes Place in Seattle, where the very first Starbucks is!

I also voted in Hawaii!

Cash said...

Will they allow dogs to vote? I am usually turned away from the polls during election season.
LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!

Joey Polanski said...

Jus lift yer leg an pull a levr.

Cash said...

Ah, an excellent idea, Herr Polanski! You have just been spared!
LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!

HissyFitz said...

joey: How'd you know about that little grass shack? Some ppl think we still have 'em here!

salbert: It's not too late to vote again -- for Honolulu, this time :)

cash: My cat voted =^.^=

Joey Polanski said...

Hissy: Alice an Trixie beat Ralph an Ed in a talent contest singin th song "Littl Grass Shack." I had to Google th lyricks to get th name o th place rite. Yer refrence to Kalakaua rminded me of Kealakakua.

Cash: Imagine! A dog at a poll havin t be told to lift his leg!