Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What's your guilty pleasure?

My definition: An indulgence that wastes time and money, makes you feel a tad guilty but waaaay too good.

Some people have certain food fetishes, shopping pleasures, trashy reading preferences. Mine is going to concerts.

Living on a rock in the middle of an ocean makes it difficult to feed my habit (with the exception of the four Eagles concerts, along with The Who, Steely Dan, Motley Crue, and Elvis Costello shows that managed to stop here recently..and U2 who will reschedule later this year). I usually have to fly out to see my favorite bands or artists, but I try to keep it financially reasonable, so it's off again to California for my Butch Walker concerts!

Bought the last of my tickets today, booked my airfare to LA, and am working on the SF portion of the trip. This is already consuming me, even though the concerts are a few months away. I want to make the most of my SF trip: wine country tour, ferry ride to Sausalito, shopping, good hotel. It all adds up, but the travel costs that accompany the concerts are a necessary part of the splurge, aren't they?

The damage so far:
concert tickets: $80

airfare/hotel/car: $750

seeing Butch again: you know it -- priiiceless!

BW-letsgoouttonites.jpg

3 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

I gess if a gilty pleasure hasta waste BOFE time AN money, then I aint got none.

If a gilty pleasure coud be sompm that wastes EITHR time OR money, ... well ... then BLOGGIN woud surely qualify!

HissyFitz said...

Blogging does seem to be a pleasure for you (guilty or not), and your quick retorts seem so effortless. For me..it's work. Literally. I created a blog the other day for work and spent most of today trolling for former students on various sites (MySpace, Classmates.com, etc.) so I could post on forums to let them know. No, I didn't contact them directly. But that might be my next move once the new school year starts.

Weird part was I found former kiddies on MySpace that were sorta all grown up...

Joey Polanski said...

Bloggin is werk fer me too. Dmands quite a bit o enrgy.