Sunday, April 17, 2005

Shh...

..can you keep a secret?

PostSecret ticket
[04.17.05 entry on PostSecrets]

OK, this isn't a "sighting" per se, but I didn't want to create a new category. I came across a blog site tonite called "PostSecret" here on Blogger/Blogspot. It actually made me gasp.

People anonymously mail in their innermost secrets on a postcard. Some are profound and touching, but the majority seem to be tragic, shocking, and apparently cathartic for the sender.

The postcards themselves are intriguing miniature works of art, but their messages have to be read to be believed. Instructions as to what can be sent:

Each secret can be a regret, belief, experience, fear, betrayal, desire, feeling, confession, or childhood humiliation. Reveal anything--as long as it is true and you have never shared it with anyone before.

I've been thinking what I could write to wrap up this entry, but words elude me. You just have to check it out for yourself.

1 comment:

The Cuke said...

i came across it myself not too long ago.. some day when i get the ambition i'll mail one of my own..