Saturday, December 09, 2006

One life, One love, One concert

The long-awaited, once-postponed, last-show-of the Vertigo Tour takes place tonight!!

I've been sick for most of the week, but am getting better and will be dragging my butt to the Aloha Stadium, decked out in my red INSPI(RED) shirt (along with gazillions of others) for what is probably my only chance to see probably the greatest band in the world.

Fans have been flying in from all over the world, and many with GA tickets camped out since Thursday for their chance to get in the ellipse when gates open at 5 pm today. I'll be comfortably ensconced in my reserved seat with my kleenex and cough drops.

After Rocko and the Devils (U2's stage manager's band) and Pearl Jam (you know who they are), U2 should hit the stage at around 9 pm, probably opening with 'City of Blinding Lights'. Imagine all all those panels below lit up...it's gonna be more than incredible.

u2_stage.jpg
CINDY ELLEN RUSSELL / CRUSSELL@STARBULLETIN.COM
The main stage for the U2 concert was flown in on three 747 cargo jets from Tokyo and has been erected at Aloha Stadium for today's concert. This will be U2's only outdoor performance in the United States during the Vertigo tour, as well as the final stop on this year's world tour.

1 comment:

Joey Polanski said...

If there was THREE concerts, tell me you WOONT be goin t evry one!