Monday, December 05, 2005

Aloha, Eagles

It was a great week

eagles_11.29.05-1.jpg

The Eagles landed in Honolulu for four incredible concerts that I was fortunate to see from great floor seats. (Not that I sat in them for long.) While I'd been to quite a few Eagles concerts years ago, it was obvious that many around me hadn't, and the crowd LOVED them! It's such a huge (and rare) deal when bands as incredible as the Eagles come our way, and to put on four Honolulu concerts and one Maui show is simply amazing.

One review call the crowd "sedate" and "somnambulant". I'll tell ya why: the security MADE people sit. I spoke to a security guy on the second night who said that they got "yelled at" the night before by the Eagles' security guys who insist that anyone in Rows 5 and beyond do NOT stand until "The Long Run" (song just before intermission). LIke that's easy to enforce.

I was solo the first three nights but was able to bring a friend down from her nosebleed section the second night to join me at intermission on what she now refers to as the "dance floor". The whole experience is so much better when you're with friends!

I kind of made a few new ones, too. Two ladies who partied with me the second night, and two others from the last night who I shared my pictures with. On the third night a guy directly behind me kept grabbing me by the shoulders to tell me that I sure knew how to party, and that of all the people there, I was probably having the best time. Gee, do you think it showed?

I snuck in a camera and managed to not get it confiscated, though on the last night I came very close. Most of the pictures didn't turn out too well, but here are the best of the bunch: nine from the first night and four more from the last.

3 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

Are ya sure "sedate" an "somnambulant" wernt sposta refer t th ol boys on stage?

;)

P.S. Ya shouda tol th guy grabbin yer sholders that THIS is how ya party AFTR HAVIN ALREDDY SEEN TH SHOW TWICE IN THE LAS TWO DAYS! you musta been a real firecrackr on night #1!

-Tommy said...

Glad you had a good time. Now are you back or do we have to send another search party out for you?

HissyFitz said...

joey: Those old boys jumped around a little bit, even normally-restrained Don. They're 58 yrs old, after all..

tom: Hold off on the search party for now. I'll probably resurface next week, after the Motley Crue concert. Bummer, my concert camera's battery compartment door is stuck so I might not be able to take pics since I don't want to risk getting a better camera confiscated.