Saturday, November 12, 2005

I've lost that blogging feeling

Wow, it's been two weeks since I last posted an entry. Haven't even felt like stopping in on other people's blogs. If I make it through next weekend, I'll probably check in here more consistently. Next weekend will be the real test.

Don't really wanna bitch about things that haven't been going right, so scraps of silver linings are:
  • The long-awaited 30 lab computers arrived at school and were set up
  • My fundraiser from hell will hit its do-or-die climax (uh, probably not the right word) next weekend
  • A club I used to frequent , The Wave Waikiki, celebrated its 25th anniversary the other night and I got to go
  • Macy's had some pretty decent stuff on sale today for 70% off
With the exception of the last item, the others should be appended with "but..." since there's way more crap behind them than meets the eye.

And I guess last month's splurges were bad timing. Four $250 Eagles tickets (plus crappy Ticketmaster fees), $80 Motley Crue ticket (plus crappy Ticketmaster fees), computer, projector, printer, digital camera, and my usual clothes, shoes, whatever actually added up to more than my recently-reduced account can handle. Darn, and I thought transferring the "extra" money out of it wouldn't make a difference. Hah. Forgot I live on a teacher's salary.

Ooh, Rocky Raccoon reminded me he's got a secret and he's not.. you know.. letting the cat out of the bag =^.^=


rocky_in_bag

8 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

DANG, Hissy!

I was werryin bout ya! I checkd on ya evry day since Hallaween an was kinda wondrin what happmd. Last I herd from ya you was lookin at yer pitchers an halusinatin! Course I was werryin!

I aint gonna pry inta them things aint goin right for ya, or whats th significkance o nex weekend, but I hope theys all just like lifes DOWNS, and that youll be lookin at some UPS in due time. Fer what its werf, I nose alotsa bout financial wose, specially this time a year. An I bougt more stuff than I shouda too -- furniture that I couda done witout.

HEY! Dont think I dint notiss the ELVIS stuff in th backgrounda that Rocky Rackoon pitcher! Ya inta th King too?

HissyFitz said...

Thanks for checking in, which is more than I can say for myself. I haven't visited your blog in a while, I'll try to stop there tonite.

Next weekend is the fundraiser's big day, which, hopefully, will bring a close to a lot of hassle that's been going on here. Funny thing is the fundraiser reps read my alternate blog a couple of days ago, and I had forgotten I had mentioned the "fundraiser from hell"! I don't care, it's their fault that it's so screwed up. One called today, trying to woo me back w/the offer of a Kodak camera. I told him I'm partial to Sony, so he promised me one, said he'd even gift-wrap it for Christmas!

I still don't want to do this again next school year, but we need the $$...

Ohyeah, Rocky and I are Elvis fans!

Joey Polanski said...

Didju evr post HERE bout th fundrazer? I don think I rmember readin bout it. D you have SPECIAL rsponsibility here, or are you just one o many whos life is turnd upside down by th hole thing?

Real ERLY Elvis kicks ass! I bet yad pay a pretty penny t see HIM in concert, huh? Hes a live, ya no? Tsin all th papers in the checkout ile at the grocery!

-Tommy said...

Glad to see you back, Mz. Fitz. I too was beginning to wonder. Hpe things are okay by you. Do come round more often.

TS

HissyFitz said...

joey: As of yesterday, the fundraiser-from-hell is practically over, except for the inevitable refunds/returns/don't-want-this-fr*ckkenoverpriced-cr*ap stuff. Yeah, I have SOLE responsibility, but in the end, I earn very decent $$ for our tech department that would get nada otherwise.

Elvis..he was my first love. Butch Walker has both Elvises (Elvi?) tattooed on each forearm: Elvis Costello (who I'll see in concert in April), and Elvis Presley (who I never got to see, thanks to my parents who refused to let me go to his Live From Hawaii concert back in January, '73. Have never forgiven them for that.).

HissyFitz said...

tom: Thanks, I'm back, just don't have much to say. Nothin' crazy-funny like Joey, nothin' crazy-eloquent like you. Me and my cat and my concerts are all I have goin' here. I guess if I had an actual life, things might be different...but I kinda like it this way. Doesn't make for good blogging material, tho.

Joey Polanski said...

Yer a class act -- an plenny fun when ya come crashin thru at th JPS. I hope ya keep bloggin, but even if ya dont I hope youll keep comin round t visit yer ol bloggin buddies.

P.S. Once I seen them pics o th King, I startd wondrin bout you an his big Hawayii gig. Shame ya dint get t go. Rmember: papanoia an mamanoia.

HissyFitz said...

Ahh, yes. It definitely was a case of papanoia and mamanoia. But I *really* wanted to go to that concert, and never got a chance to see Elvis ever again. Four years later he was gone :(

Hmm, maybe that's why I try to see as many concerts as I can, now that Papa's and Mama's noias can't stop me. But then, they don't subsidize me, either, unfortunately -- see above post.